Has your hair been looking dull and lifeless lately? A little shine can make all the difference. In the war of lackluster hair, the best shine spray for hair is your first line of defense. It gives hair a brilliant gleam whilst illuminating your hair color. Shine sprays also do best in keeping your cuticle smooth without adding weight and getting it all filmy.
Ready to transform your hair into beautifully glossy and silky locks? Below are your best option of shine sprays to make your hair beaming with sheen and gloss.
- 7 Best Hair Shine Spray
- 1. Kevin Murphy Shimmer Shine
- 2. Kenra Professional Shine Spray
- 3. It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Shine Spray
- 4. CHI Shine Infusion Hair Shine Spray
- 5. Biolage Styling Smoothing Shine Milk Moisturizing Shine Spray
- 6. Design Essentials Wave By Design Mist & Shine Dry Finishing Spray
- 7. One’N Only Shiny Silver Ultra Shine Spray
- What Exactly is a Shine Spray for Hair?
- How to Choose The Right Shine Spray for Your Hair Type?
- Our Top Pick
7 Best Hair Shine Spray
Adds sparkle to your shine
We will spare you with the “shine bright like a diamond” reference but Kevin Murphy Shimmer Shine does not kid around when it says “shimmer shine”. Contained in the transparent bottle is a lush color of glimmering gold which when sprayed to hair creates an illusion of brightness and height.
Unique to other shine sprays is the innovation of light-reflective technology responsible for the radiance without the added weight, teamed up with the hydrating blend of Australian fruit extracts that additionally capture its highly-complimented sublime scent. It also houses vitamins alongside other botanical extracts such as baobab, immortelle, and bamboo that baths hair with shimmering goodness it makes the price point worth it.
- High-end shine with light reflective
- Infuses hair with nourishing botanicals and vitamins
- Highly-raved citrusy scent
- Gives flat color height and dimension
- Paraben, sulfate, and cruelty-free
- Will cost you more
- Not for those who are sensitive to scented hair products
Best in thermal protectant
Apart from imparting shine and silky finish, Kenra Professional Shine Spray leaves hair with heat protection from hot tools (for up to 428 F) teamed up with the UV filters to protect hair against damaging sun rays. It also comes equipped with holding factors to keep your hair in place and control frizz even with challenging humidity conditions. The formula is lightweight so it won’t weigh your hair down nor will make it feeling stiff and greasy.
Got color-treated hair? No problemo. This one is safe to use on chemically processed hair and will enhance the vibrancy along the process. Above all, a little goes a long way which makes this product sufficient for long term use.
- Instant shine and smoothness to any style
- With thermal protection from UV rays, heat-styling tools, and humidity
- Reduces frizz and flyaways
- Preserves hair color whilst enhancing vibrancy
- Weightless and non-sticky formula
- Light fruity scent
- Does not include conditioning benefits
- Easy to go overboard because of the potent formula
Equipped with nourishing oils
A healthy shine is what you’ll get in every spritz of It’s a 10 Haircare Miracle Shine Spray. It takes advantage of the moisturizing benefits of noni Oil, linalool, and castor oil. In particular, noni oil is choke-full of amino acids and vitamins which is muchly appreciated if you have damaged tresses that needed conditioning. Your locks are not only getting a lustrous sheen but also a strengthened defense against environmental aggressors — be it strong sun, pollution or changes in both temperature and air humidity. All of this you can gain without the greasiness. It’s truly aptly named.
- Uses conditioning oils to deliver shine without the greasiness
- Keeps hair healthy and manageable
- With thermal and humidity protection
- Improves hair elasticity and moisture retention
- Preserve hair color
- Suitable for wet and dry hair
- Too heavy for some; not for super oily hair
- Not for long wear
Your shine spray and heat-protectant in one bottle
CHI is known for its line of premium styling tools (CHI Hair Straightener) so it is but just for the brand to formulate an innovative spray that expertizes on both shine and thermal protection. What so special about the formula is the infusion of ceramic compounds that baths hair with shine whilst neutralizing frizz and flyaways. As a heat protectant, CHI utilizes the use of strengthening proteins to impart hair outstanding protection against the daily use of thermal tools and makes hair resilient with every use. Use CHI Shine Infusion Hair Shine Spray as a pre-styler to protect hair against styling damage or as a finishing touch to polish and lock in your styles. It works both ways.
- Uses the shine-boosting and tame-frizzing power of ceramic
- With the hair-fortifying power of proteins
- Protects hair against heat-styling tools
- Makes hair resilient with every use
- Lİghtweight and grease-free
- Nozzle spray needs improvement
- Scent too strong for some
Best in keeping hair manageable
Milk is the hero in this Moisturizing Shine Spray by Biolage. Rich in hair fortifying protein, moisturizing fatty acids, and nourishing vitamins, the provision in milk in this formula improves the feel and appearance of the hair while simultaneously restoring its natural shine and luster. Milk is also known for its straightening agents, essential to improve the manageability of coarse and unruly curls.
This Biolage shine spray has a light hold level which is ideal in achieving a frizz-free blowout and salon-level styles. It’s healthy for your hair and also to you too. It’s free of harmful parabens of any kind as well as toxic fumes of artificial colorant.
- Uses the hair-friendly benefits of milk
- Wİth straightening, detangling, and anti-frizz properties
- Increased hair shine and softness
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Great in polishing heat-styled hair
- Light hold mist; great for fine and thin hair
- Great-smelling scent
- Some are not impressed with the arrival of the bottled product
Tames curly frizzy hair
Curly ladies and gents listen up. We’ve found the right product to keep your curls moisturized and well-kept. Little you may know but the reason for your curl’s dryness and frizziness are natural oils in the scalp struggling to reach the end of your strands. Design Essentials has the perfect blend of silk amino acids, humectants, and conditioning agents to bring back moisture balance in curls and waves, all while sealing in moisture. As a result, your springy tresses will have more enviable bounce and shinier strands with a finish that is smoother than a baby’s bottom!
- Imparts high shine and silkiness
- Restore hair’s natural oil balance
- Keeps frizz at a minimum
- Best for curls, waves and textured syles
- Great for touch-ups
- Leaves guesswork on the right amount to be used
- Too oily for some
Best shine spray for bleach and damaged hair
What makes this shine spray special is the inclusion of citrus extracts acting like a brightening mask for light-colored hair. If your hair turns to orangy due to bleaching or lifting, One’N Only can additionally cancel out the brassiness or rushes of warmth that comes after oxidizing treatment. It can even prolong your hair’s color even with strong sun exposure, thanks to its high-performing sun filters. Owing to its proprietary blend of healing botanicals, it revitalizes dry and damaged locks while imparting a thermal shine that works best when used with hot tools.
- Enhances the vibrancy of blonde and silver hair
- Keeps a bleached hair’s brassiness under control
- Formulated with botanical extracts
- Conditions and fixes the appearance of a damaged hair
- Guards hair against the color-fading UV rays
- Great combo with thermal tools
- It’s easy to go overboard with the product
- Heavy for some
What Exactly is a Shine Spray for Hair?
Shine spray is one type of styling spray which is often used to give final styled hair instant shine and smoothness. Despite being advertised as a finishing spray, a shine spray is also best for touch-ups whenever your hair needs quick glossing up. It additionally tames frizz, flyaways and static. Some formula even contains additional features such as thermal protectant that leaves a protective barrier against the hot tool or a UV filter to protect hair from damaging sun rays.
Because a shine spray shares the same shine factor as a serum and a frizz-fighting ability like a hairspray, they are often confused with each other. However, these styling products differ primarily on their main purpose and final result.
Shine Spray Vs. Hairspray
Both products neutralize frizz and stray strands. A hairspray can even have an added benefit of being able to leave hair shiny much like a shine spray. However, a shine spray, as its name would suggest specializes in boosting hair shine and will, therefore, leave hair with a more intense shine than that of a hairspray.
Hairspray predominantly works to give styled hair a hold so you can wear them longer. On the other hand, shine spray only offers minimal hold but will leave your hair more touchable finish so you can restyle them later on. A shine spray and hairspray, however, can be used sparingly to preserve a long-lasting sleek frizz-free hairstyle.
Shine Spray Vs. Serum
With all the tons shine-boosting products, it can be tricky to differentiate a shine spray from them all. But simply put it this way, shine sprays are lighter products than that of serums which mainly are based on oils. A shine spray may also be oil-based but can also be alcohol-based at the same time. Unlike serums, shine sprays won’t weigh down your hair or leave it feeling greasy.
Another notable difference between the two is the packaging. While there are bottled serum sprays, most serums are in a pumpable dispenser and can also available in capsules. Using serum requires dispensing an amount in your palm and rubbing it between your hands before you distribute it to hair. Shine sprays can be directly applied to hair because they come in bottle sprays. It’s also easier to control shine spray because they spritz ultra-fine mist.
How to Choose The Right Shine Spray for Your Hair Type?
Shine spray delivers luminous mirror-like shine and is suitable for all hair types. And by all hair types that include oily hair which you might think does not need it but it could help in detangling and frizz-control. You just need to know what you are looking for. Keep reading to find out the best serum for your hair type.
- If you have fine hair, shine sprays that include a lightweight mist is your go-to. Steer clear from heavy oil-based as it can add weight to your hair that can only take much product.
- If you have oily hair, opt for weightless alcohol-based shine sprays that evaporate and dries quickly. Skip oil-based sprays as this can make your already-oily hair more greasy.
- If you have dry or frizzy hair, oil-based sprays are your ticket to sleek and smooth hair. Just don’t overdo, otherwise, it will leave hair a greasy film.
- If you have curly or coarse hair, you can benefit from oil-based sprays. Textured hair needs more help from heavy oils since it is prone to drying and frizziness.
- If you have damaged or color-treated hair, look for conditioning shine serums that include nourishing oils and vitamins which could help get your hair health back on track. If possible, avoid alcohol-based as and other chemically-driven products as they can fade your color easily and will further set your hair to downfall.
Our Top Pick
For that ultimate finishing touch without the heaviness or downright gloop, you wouldn’t want to miss on Kevin Murphy Shimmer Shine. Just the splash of gold color alone guarantees a mirror-like finish. Also infused with nourishing botanical extracts to shine your hair with goodness. On top of that is an uplifting divine scent that it leaves on hair. What’s more, it has the ability to naturally attract and reflect light to take your hair to the next level of the luminous veil of shine Edward Cullen will want to know your location.