Curling irons are just that- they have been around for many decades as our go-to styling tool for achieving perfect curls. They are great and easy to use, too.
But, what if we tell you that you can spice things up by trying something new, like a cool and trendy styling tool that also lets you achieve the most gorgeous curls right in the comforts of your own home?
We are talking about the bubble curling wand, which is a highly popular gadget that women all over the world have come to love. Why is that? Read on further!
- What is a bubble curling wand?
- How to use a bubble curling wand
- 6 Best Bubble Curling Wands
- 1. Hot Tools Professional 1 1/4 Inch Nano Ceramic Bubble Curling Wand
- 2. PARWIN PRO 7 in 1 Curling Iron Wand Set
- 3. Bluetop Three Barrel Curling Iron 1 Inch Professional Hair Waver
- 4. Bed Head Rock N’ Roller Curling Wand for Tousled Waves and Texture
- 5. Revlon Salon High Heat Hair Curling Iron Ball Wand
- 6. NexGadget Hair Curler Wand Set
- What makes a good bubble curling wand?
What is a bubble curling wand?
Bubble curling wands are some of the newest revolutionary styling tools when it comes to getting the perfect curls. This is thanks to their versatility in working for just about any hair type, and the flexibility to achieve different curl styles, from loose waves to defined locks.
It also looks (and works) just like your standard curling iron, except the barrel looks like a lovely string of bubbles.
How to use a bubble curling wand
Using a bubble curling wand is pretty easy, since it involves much of the steps required in using a regular curling iron. Here’s a step-by-step guide that you can follow:
- Dry and detangle your hair using your preferred hair brush and drying method. Make sure that your hair is completely dry before styling, as heat styling tools can severely damage your hair. Knots and tangles will also give you uneven curls, so make sure that your hair is smooth and tangle-free before you start.
- Before you pick up the bubble wand, apply an adequate amount of heat protectant spray, serum, or cream all over your hair, making sure that the entire length is covered from roots to tips. This will lessen the potential heat damage. Don’t use too much as it will weigh down your hair and make it greasy.
- Part your hair into sections and take a small section of hair. With the bubble curling wand, wrap the hair section around the wand’s barrel, starting from the thick base and going down along the barrel shaft.
- Hold your hair in place for around 10 to 15 seconds before carefully releasing it so as not to ruin the curls. Repeat the process until all your hair has been curled. For best results, apply a finishing product or setting spray- it’s up to you.
6 Best Bubble Curling Wands
Can’t wait to get your hands on a bubble curling wand and experience the magic? We’ve got you covered. Here’s a review of some of the best bubble curling wands in 2020 that are reliable, well performing, and affordable:
First up is the Hot Tools professional nano ceramic bubble curling wand with a 1.25 inch barrel. It’s the best tool for quickly achieving perfect curls that will keep their shape for the entire day, so you can stay stylish from day to night.
Now, unlike many bubble wands that have quite a steep learning curve, this one is a little easier to use, and even comes with a heat resistant glove that is sure to keep your hands safe from accidental burns as you practice and master the art of bubble curling.
This wand comes with a single heat setting, making it easy and straightforward to use, and it’s also affordable and reliable in getting the job done without much fuss. Plus, it’s lightweight, so it won’t strain your arms and wrists as much even when you use it for a long time.
- Affordable and durable
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Nano ceramic barrel
- Suitable for all hair types
- Extra-long 8-foot cord
- Comes with a heat resistant glove
- Only one heat setting
Next best thing is the Parwin Pro 7 in 1 curling iron wand, which comes as a full set of interchangeable barrels made of diamond tourmaline, so you can easily pick one depending on what kind of hairstyle you want to rock for the day.
This makes it one of the most versatile, all around hair styling tools you can have in your arsenal. Each barrel comes in a different size to let you achieve whatever kind of curl you want, and you are sure to get gorgeous results every time.
It also works for all hair types, whether long or short, thick or thin. Plus, it features adjustable temperature settings and has an LCD display screen to show you what temperature you’re at. And with every purchase, you get a complete set of accessories, too.
- 7 different size tourmaline barrels
- LCD display with temperature controls (max 450F)
- Negative ion technology for conditioning
- 360 rotating cord with rotate lock
- Auto shut off feature for safety
- With heat resistant gloves, travel case, and voltage adapters
- More expensive than other options
Taking the third spot is the Bluetop three-barrel curling iron, a professional hair waver with a one-inch tourmaline ceramic bubble barrel that is simply amazing on any hair type. It comes with a host of awesome features that will give you a run for your money, such as…
A quick heat up that happens in seconds, an even heat distribution thanks to the barrel material, easy and efficient operations, and a guarantee that your hair will keep looking smooth and shiny even after styling.
Moreover, it’s really versatile and lets you achieve different curls, from tight spiral locks to big beachy waves. And, while it’s so easy to use, it still offers professional quality results, so you can easily achieve the perfect hairstyle right in your home, no need to spend huge bucks on a salon visit!
- Affordable, lightweight, and reliable
- Tourmaline ceramic technology with PTC heater
- Consistent temperature at 446F
- Professional 360 degree rotating cord
- Works on all hair types
- Comes with a heat protectant glove
- Single heat setting with no auto shut off
Another amazing find is the Bed Head rock n’ roller curling wand, which is perfect for achieving the best tousled waves with the nicest textures. It comes from a popular and trusted brand that constantly produces amazing products and tools for hairstyling, so you know you’re in for a real treat!
This curling wand is not only stylish with its silver barrel and aqua body that screams gorgeousness and personality, but it also comes packed with revolutionary features such as tourmaline ceramic technology and frizz elimination properties.
As such, the rock n’ roller is sure to give you beautiful curls in no time. It can reach a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit, it comes with a heat resistant glove and a 6-foot long professional cord, and it operates on dual voltages, so it’s perfect for travel.
- Affordable and lightweight
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- Consistent heat distribution at 400F
- Dual voltage operation
- With swivel cord and heat protectant glove
- Suitable for thick hair
- Single heat setting and no auto shut off
There’s also the Revlon Salon High Heat hair curling iron ball wand, a revolutionary tool from a classic beauty brand. This baby is equipped with all the best features that make for an easy styling experience, such as a cool tip and a lightweight body.
It features multiple heat settings with a maximum temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit, so it’s highly suitable for all types of hair, from thin and fragile to thick and stubborn. It also heats up quickly so you can work fast, and it comes with a heat resistant glove for your protection.
All things considered, it’s fairly easy to use, even when you think that all curling wands require lots of practice before you achieve perfection. Really, this bubble curling wand is ideal for beginners and aspiring hairstylists.
- Affordable and lightweight
- Variable heat settings, max temperature of 420F
- Cool tip and heat resistant glove for easy styling
- Dual voltage operation
- No auto shut off
Finally, you might also want to try the NexGadget hair curler wand set, a multifunctional curling set that promises a lot, and lives up to those promises. For one thing, it comes with all these sweet attachments that let you achieve any kind of curl or wave you desire.
It also features tourmaline ceramic technology, meaning it heats up fast, distributes that heat evenly, reduces static and frizz, and keeps your hair sleek and shiny, all while creating the perfect curls that will last for the entire day.
What’s even better is that it comes with variable heat settings with a pretty high top temperature, so it’s perfect for all hair types, even the thickest and most unyielding ones. It also features a non-skid handle that makes curling sessions safe, easy, and comfortable.
- 6 interchangeable tourmaline ceramic barrels
- Adjustable heat settings, max temperature of 374F
- Non-skid handle and 360 degree rotating cord
- Dual voltage operation
- No auto shut off and carrying case
What makes a good bubble curling wand?
After talking about all these amazing products, how do you go about finding the best bubble curling wand that suits your needs and preferences? After all, with all the many different styling products out there, picking one out can be a daunting task.
The thing is, when picking out a bubble carrying a wand, there are several things you need to consider, such as:
How big and wide the curling wand’s barrel plays a huge part in determining what sorts of styles, curls, and waves you will be able to pull off with the styling tool, as well as whether it would even work with your hair type.
For example, if you have short and thin hair or you want to achieve tight and defined curls, smaller wands with narrower barrels are your best option. On the other hand, if your hair is on the longer and thicker side, or you prefer looser and more luxurious waves, you’re much better off with a bigger and wider curling wand.
This will also make the styling process go faster since you are able to work on more chunks of hair at every pass.
You also need to take into account the overall weight of the bubble curling wand, especially if you don’t want to end up suffering from tired arms and strained wrists by holding up the wand for long periods of time.
At most, the wand should weigh around 1.5 pounds. Any more than that and it will be really uncomfortable to use. Of course, the lighter, the better, as this will not only make the styling process more comfortable, the wand will also be travel-friendly as well.
It’s no question that a curling wand should be able to do what it’s supposed to, but should you limit yourself to just that? What if you can get more out of your curling wand? Maybe it’s going with a different style from your normal loose waves. Whatever you desire, your bubble wand should be adaptable and leave you room to mix things up.
If this sounds like something you want, try to look for wands that are sold as a set of interchangeable barrels. Sure, they’ll be pricier, but if you really want the versatility, then the small difference in price is almost negligible.
Another really important question to ask is what the curling wand is made of. Remember, you don’t want anything that is constructed with cheap and low-quality materials, as this will significantly impact the performance, reliability, and durability of the product.
What you should be looking for here are high-quality materials such as sturdy plastics for the handle, nano ceramic or tourmaline for the barrels, rotating cords, and the like. This way, you really get to enjoy what curling wands are designed for, without worrying too much about malfunctions and breakages.
Finally, it’s also important to set a budget and stick with it. As for how much bubble curling wands typically cost, it really depends on where you’re looking. You’ll find a lot of great and affordable options online just with a few clicks.
What’s really important here is you not stiff yourself by purchasing the cheapest option you find just to try and save a few bucks. Remember, a product’s price is almost always indicative of its quality, construction, functionality, and features.
Bubble curling wands are handy little things that make hairstyling so much fun as you get to experiment with different curls and waves and style your hair in your own unique way.
When looking for the best bubble curling wand, your decision should be based on your personal needs, requirements, and preferences. That said, we highly suggest you check out the Hot Tools Professional 1 1/4 Inch Nano Ceramic Bubble Curling Wand, which is great for achieving luxurious curls on just about any hair type. Trust us, you won’t regret it!