It’s been in pages of many top-rated lifestyle magazines, home shopping television networks’ most highly endorsed and a cult favorite among beauty savvy. We are talking about the hairbrush that took the hair beauty industry by storm, the Dafni Original Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush. So what’s all the hype? What makes this brush so special?
We know you are curious about this most-talked-about heated hairbrush. So in this post, you’ll learn more about this revolutionary tool, how it works and the specifications.
- What is the buzz about?
- What Others Are Saying About the Dafni Hair Straightening Brush
- Precautions and Restrictions That You Need to Know About Using the Dafni Hairbrush
- Overall, here’s what we think about the product.
- The Verdict
Most of us have made peace with our curls. But sometimes, we just want to coax our springy tresses into a sleek straight style for a change. Or perhaps, your hair is naturally straight and you just want a straighter, frizz-free hair, period. And anything that can make our hair instantly into such, without juggling among our beauty arsenals is delightfully received.
This is why we are excited to introduce a Dafni Classic, the brush that made the brand a household name, their Original Ceramic Heated Brush. Developed by Sharon Rabi, the founder of the brand, the brush aims to simplify the hair straightening process without having to deal with hair damage that usually comes with heat styling tools.
The product was first launched on Youtube. Within 24 hours, the views received over a million views and went viral — leading to major beauty store chains like Sephora and top-rated shopping networks like QVC to purchase Dafni Hairbrush, and the rest is history.
What is the buzz about?
The Dafni Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush is a heat dissipating brush that straightens the hair in just a few strokes. It features an oval paddle brush surrounded by rigid bristles much like a de-tangled brush. But unlike a regular brush, this one runs on electricıty, equipped with a power button and a cord. Once plugged-in, the barrel heats up and works its magic. The key lies in its innovative features which we rounded up below.
3D Power core Technology
Dafni brush is a result of 3 year-brainstorming and continuous development. As such, expect an evolution of an ultra-high-performing innovative hairbrush. In particular, it promises a fast styling in 5 minutes, a claim that is backed up by most user reviews (some even claim it styles their hair in 3 minutes).
365 °F OPTIMAL TEMPERATURE
For most hair types, this is the safest temperature margin that delivers the best results without hair damage. The smart engineering is also able to retain this optimal temperature while in use so you’ll get uniform results from root to tip.
The operation is not that complicated. All you need to do is plug the cable, turn on the power button and just brush your hair as you would with a regular paddle brush. There are also LED lights that start flashing to let you know when it is ready to use. You don’t even need to section or clip your hair as you would with a flatiron. You’ll see a straight and smooth hair by the time you run the brush thrice through your hair.
Notice the purple material capped into the bristles? This is the ceramic insulation engineered by Dafni to release an even heat distribution: The ceramic materials are also much gentler on hair as compared to the conventional metals use on heat styling tools. In addition, the heated ceramic generates a constant flux of negative ions responsible for neutralizing frizz whilst leaving hair massive shine.
Ceramic is also known to heat up quickly. This hair tool heats up in 45 seconds, making it an instant hair-styler.
Paddle-shaped brushes such as this Brush is ideal for straightening and toning down waves. Also, the surface holds a much larger portion of the hair as compared to flat irons, making it an ideal brush for thick-haired people.
The bristles are one of the carefully selected quality materials that they have put into considerations. It is made to resist high temperatures. As a matter of fact, the thermal protection system imposed is similar to the safety mechanism utilized by NASA and the US Army. Additionally, the bristles are gentle on the scalp and glide softly into hair to avoid snagging and hair breakage.
It is fully-equipped with components and attributes that make the device easier to bring wherever you need an instant straight hair. The following are the features that will make you want to bring this hair brush on your next travel.
- Dual Voltage: What gives this ceramic brush an edge over other heated brushes is it allows worldwide usage. Thanks to its universal voltage, you can now bring this brush into your overseas trips.
- Storage pouch with Thermal Cover: They made sure that you won’t have any excuse in not bringing this straighter in your next trip. The provision of a heat-resistant case, designed for both the brush and the cord made packing and storing a less hassle experience. It is coupled up with a thermal cover so you can store it right away after use.
- Detachable Cable: Again, unique to other hot brushes is the provision of a cord that you can unhook to the brush so its easier to store it in a travel case.
- Lightweight and Portable: Basing from its dimensions, (6 x 2.4 x 1.8 inches) it won’t consume much of the space in your bag. It will also be light to carry around, whether you’re international bound or not as it only weighs 1.5 pounds.
Automatic Shut off
The device shuts down by itself after an hour. This feature is really a great safety measure that will keep you and your loved ones safe in case you forget to turn off the plugged-in hot brush. It will not only give you peace of mind but also save you loads of energy costs.
3-year Dafni Warranty
A product backed up with a warrant says a lot about the quality assurance of the manufacturer. The fact that they extends its warranty into three years says a lot about their great reputation in manufacturing top-notched quality hair tools.
What Others Are Saying About the Dafni Hair Straightening Brush
If we are to summarize all the reviews made about this product, we can conclude that this is the best hair tool for a time-saving and hassle-free straightening experience. Those who have hectic schedules and barely have time to style their hair in the morning favor this Dafni hairbrush over a flat iron and blow-dry hair straightening technique.
As far as the result goes, verified purchasers and testers of the product confirmed that it does straighten their hair to a great extent. But do not expect a pin-head poker straight. What it does is create a natural-looking polished style. Although some would argue, it just takes more rounds of strokes and patience to achieve the highly-coveted sleek straight hair. Vogue India described the finished as “a desirably relaxed crown, ending in soft waves that look straight out of a campaign shoot” when the product is tested in a hair that is super curly.
There is only one thing that others do not like so much about this product, its high-end price. Despite the steep price, the brush emerges as the best investment that will pay you off in the end, at least according to most customer reviews.
Precautions and Restrictions That You Need to Know About Using the Dafni Hairbrush
The brush caters to most hair types. As mentioned, it uses gentle heating material and an optimal temperature margin that is safe enough to use even by fine, thin and damaged hair.
Needless to say, if your hair is extremely weak and brittle, you still need to be wary about using this hairbrush or any heat styling tools for that matter. This is especially true since fragile hair can only tolerate little heat and the hairbrush has a fixed temperature that might not cater to such sensitive hair types. If you have a special hair condition, it is best to consult a hair specialist prior to using the product. But regardless of where you are in the hair spectrum, we recommend using a heat protectant to counteract possible hair burn prior to using the heated brush.
As with other electric brushes, this hairbrush only works on dry hair and should not be used on damp hair. So far, no issues have been reported on skin burns and scalp-scalding. However, the product’s instruction label advised that you should take precautions on using the brush near your ears and nape of hair to avoid burnt.
Overall, here’s what we think about the product.
- An excellent hair tool in instantly transforming curly hair into a polished straight hair
- A Great Time Saver; heats up in 45 seconds, average styling time is 3-5 minutes
- Uses an optimal temperature of 365 °F that cater to most hair types
- Equipped with ceramic heating for a gentler, even heat distribution
- Maintains a constant heat throughout
- Hair and Scalp-Friendly Bristles; heat-resistant, wards off hair breakage
- Easy to Use: operates in just one click of a power button
- Best Traveling Companion; lightweight and portable, with dual voltage and traveling case
- Unbeatable 3-year warranty (as compared to the one-year warranty policy in other thermal brushes)
- Not the cheapest electric hairbrush
- Will take more effort to achieve a perfect pin-straight hairstyle
- Fixed Temperature; heat settings not available
- Does not work on damp hair
In this fast-paced life that we are living in, we need an all-in-one tool that can keep up. The Dafni Original Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush de-tangles while straightens your hair in just a fraction of the time that you would normally spend with other straighteners. It is made for busy individuals who are always on-the-go and needed instant hair straightener.