When you finally step out of the shower, the first thing you want to do is dry off. No, we are not talking about snuggling up in a comfy warm suit, that’s a piece of cake. Getting your hair as dry as possible then detangling and styling it the next, without having to deal with the knotted strands and hair all over the floor is next to impossible. Or probably you’re just surfeited of how long everything takes. Either way, the best hot air brushes are here to get everything smooth sailing.
Whether you’re in for something that can speed up your hair care routine or get a hang of how to perfectly tousle those gorgeous curls, hot air brushes got you covered. Learn how this hair tool works, why do you need one plus get a review about the latest and top-rated products.
- What is a hot air brush?
- Hot Air Brush vs. Hot Brush
- More Reasons To Love The Best Hot Air Brush
- These are the top-rated best hot air brush in Amazon right now (2020)…
- OUR TOP CHOICE
What is a hot air brush?
A hot air brush is an electricity-powered brush with a plug wire attachment. The aim is to dry and style your hair at the same time. To carry out the goal, it generates hot and cool air with adjustable temperature settings. It blows through the bristles which are commonly made of nylon, wire or rubber accompanied by soft ball-tips. Some brands are prepackaged with two or more brush attachments that differ in bristle placements to allow the use of different styling preferences and to cater to different hair types.
Most models have a rotating head barrel with a multi-directional feature, allowing the brush to rotate in either direction. These revolving brushes may also incorporate some of the advanced technology present in professional blow dryers. The barrels may be paneled with ceramic, tourmaline or aluminum materials, for instance, which purpose is to evenly distribute heat. Another advanced feature you may notice on some of the hot air brushes today is the use of ionic technology that bathes your hair of negative ions, cutting down drying time while eliminating unwanted frizz.
Hot Air Brush vs. Hot Brush
Hot air brush and hot brush are two heated hair tools, both with cord and bristles. While these two electronic brushes may appear the same, they are entirely different. There ’s a slight distinction with the appearance as wells as how the two brushes differ in the conduction of heat and range of function.
- HAB blows air while an HB relies on a heated plate and bristles to transfer heat. HAB additionally gives off the cool air, while HB is only restricted to high temperatures. In addition, HAB can feature a rotating barrel attachment.
- HAB can blow dry hair, something an HB cannot since it mainly relies on dry heat.
- HAB can give you more styling precision as compared to HB. There’s a reason why HB is also called a straightening brush because it is only limited to this function. Meanwhile, HAB blow both hot and cool air with the advantage of a revolving head which allows a plethora of hairstyles.
- You can use HAB on a damp hair, which is impossible with HB. Technically you cannot style a damp hair, but HAB makes it possible because it blows air to dry hair whilst styling it.
More Reasons To Love The Best Hot Air Brush
The best hot air brush has come a long way since the first invention of the brush. And the fact that hot air brush is still here today only proves that it has become a hair tool staple everyone should have in their arsenal (or perhaps all you could ever need!). And if you didn’t have one yet, you are definitely missing out!
- Your Hair Detangler, Styler, and Dryer all in one. A hot air brush has the bristles of a comb, the hair drying feature of a blow dryer, and curling and the heat styling features of curling wand and iron straightener. No more fiddling between hair tools!
- Travel-Friendly. Choosing what hair tools to bring on your trip is like choosing among your babies. But rather than crowding your suitcase with bulky hair dryers and hair styling tools, carrying a hot air brush with you is the quick fix. It’s all you could ever need to have a good hair day wherever you go without compromising the space and weight of your luggage.
- Saves You Money. For the same reason, you don’t need to invest money on different hair tools. In addition, a high-performing hot air brush can transform your hair into a defined flawless hairstyle that looks like it has been professionally done. No more expensive salon trips.
- Speeds Up Your Hair Routine. As mentioned, hot air brush uses advanced technology such as the ionic ions that speed up the time-consuming process of drying the hair with the added benefit of styling while you’re at it. This will spare you a lot of time that should be otherwise spent on your other beauty routine.
- Less Damaging to Hair. Our hair is at its weakest point when wet. Towel drying may be too rough, blow dryers may create frizz and static while quick combing on a damp hair can lead to breakage. Hot air brushes can do all the aforementioned minus all the drama. The coated plate generates an even heat distribution so it’s less damaging. Additionally, if you can find a hot air brush that has the benefit of ceramic technology then you are also bound to have those smooth and shiny finish.
- More Styling Precisions. Perhaps you want timeless wavy curls or something like big voluminous curls maybe? Either way, hot air brush can give you a range of hair curling possibilities in addition to straightening or toning down a curl.
- Styling Made Easy. Getting those dream curls may mean several burnt, hair back-flipping that translate to neck sores and those endless wrist-twirling movements. Unless of course, you are using a hot air brush, all you need is to let the brush rotate and let it do what it does best — style your hair effortlessly. You will barely even lift a finger.
These are the top-rated best hot air brush in Amazon right now (2020)…
When you’re in the hunt for the best hot air brush in the market, it really comes down to what you are looking for in a hot air brush. Are you buying mainly for drying your hair? Or perhaps, curling or straightening it? Although a hot air brush is designed to cater to all of these functions, there will always be the best hot air dryer for each of the categories. It’s also nice to consider the price range of your budget. Do you mind spending a hefty amount for a high-end hot air brush or are you after a good bargain? Then there’s also the best hot air brush that includes added features to cater to specific hair types and needs, which is another good thing to give thought to.
We understand that it can be overwhelming to choose through all the clutters. That’s why we made a review of the following top-rated hot air brushes in Amazon to find your best deal. In addition, we also pointed out what each product is best to further help you find the right one for your beauty endeavors.
Styles your hair whilst adding shine, ideal for frizzy hair and long to medium-length hair
Conair has some of the great selection of thermal hair brushes. Their Infiniti Pro Hot Air Spin Styler Brush has by far the most revolutionizing way to style as you dry. It comes with two interchangeable brush that spins in both directions. The 2-inch brush is for retro-inspired bouncy curls and the 1/2- inch is for making coquettish waves. The 2 heat setting and cool setting allows more control in style.
And you don’t have to worry about the guilt of styling your hair because both barrels are coated with tourmaline ceramic plate that produces concentrated ions (we are talking about 100 times more concentrated than other brands!). This doesn’t only allow a faster drying time but also fully protects hair from the heat while leaving a silky smooth and luster finish. The boar and nylon bristles are designed to tame down static. No more frizzy hair! And did we mention, besides the classic black, you can also choose from their selection of girly colors?
- Ceramic and tourmaline technology
- High-performing ionic conditioning
- With 2 multi-directional brush for curl customization
- Allows to style hair with spinning and non-spinning function
- Add smoothness and shine
- Tangle-free antistatic bristles
- With a number of colors to choose from
- Box comes with a protective sheet for the air brushes
- The handle can become too hot
- Doesn’t have a hanging hook
- Bristles don’t have ball-tip
- Not for very short hair
- Only comes with 110 voltage; adapter may be needed
A budget-friendly hot air brush to give your hair bounce and body, suitable for long and fine to medium-thick hair
Garnering over 5000 reviews, this top-rated hot air brush from John Frieda is without a doubt among the customer’s favorite. It comes as no surprise considering the brush got some of the well-rounded features of a premium hot air brush at a price that won’t break your bank! A high voltage ionic generator serves to keep hair stays moisturized after styling and a fusion of ceramic and titanium technology to contribute to shine and manageability.
Barrels come in two sizes; a 1-inch and 1 ½-inch. The salon-shaped brushes are not designed to spin, however. Nonetheless, they still give excellent volume and added boost even to the finest of all hair. Besides, it also a 2 heat setting and a cool button to seal in style. The enhanced airflow vents can dry every single strand in just a nick of time.
- Ceramic and titanium coated plates
- Advanced ionic technology to block static and frizzy hair
- Gives body and volume to hair
- Faster drying time
- With gentle ball-tipped bristles
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- Swivel cord for ease of use
- High voltage
- Doesn’t spin
- Barrel sizes sold separately
- Limited to only one side of the barrel
- Not dual voltage
One of the few which live up to its name, best hot air brush for long, thick and difficult-to-manage hair
What makes a hot air brush a best seller? Combine the power of a hair dryer and the performance of a styler, and throw in a whopping 1100 watts for that perfect salon-blowout in just a single step — exactly what this hot air brush from Revlon does. The brush is engineered to style and dry hair without creating an after-styling frizz owing to its advanced ionic technology. The higher wattage, innovative airflow vents, and the ceramic heat that volumes and dry hair half the time without the guilt of hair damage.
Got a thick and coarse hair? No worries! More to the feature is the oval, non-detachable brush head with a nylon tufted bristles, multiple temperature settings which are designed to give effortless grip to style and dry the back of your hair with ease. Although it’s pretty much high in wattage, the hot air brush won’t burn the scalp and will, in fact, give an extra oomph to the roots plus a full body and curled ends. We’re talking about bouncy voluminous curls here!
- Features an ionic, ceramic and boar-bristle technology
- Maximum drying power
- Gives body and volume to hair
- Faster hair styling
- Smooth and shiny results
- Unique airflow vents and oval-shaped head
- Tangle-free nylon bristles with cool tips
- Works well with hair that is difficult to manage
- Has a higher wattage as compared to other brands
- Lightweight with a swivel cord for ease of use
- Doesn’t spin
- Brush is non-detachable
- Not dual voltage
Best hot air brush for maximum styling control, perfect for all hair lengths
If you are catching on Revlon’s best bargain, you might want to go for this Revlon Hot Air Brush Kit. By far, it’s the cheapest hot air brush with two customize comb attachments in Amazon at the moment (and you might want to grab it while it’s still on sale). While it’s economically priced, it doesn’t make it any less of a hot air brush. Like any good thermal brush, the aluminum barrels features ionic technology to keep frizz at bay. Moreover, it also boasts of 1200 wattage for a faster blow out.
The kit includes a 1 ½-inch brush for those whose after small natural-looking curls and a 1-inch for looser curls. Unique to other featured hot air brushes here is a diffuser and multiple heat settings with a cool shot button for optimum styling control. Words of caution though; if you use the highest temperature setting, you should do your hair quickly as the barrels can overheat and can deform bristles.
- Features two rotating aluminum brush and a diffuser
- With the benefits of ionic technology
- Allows maximum styling precisions
- Works with all hair length
- 3 heat settings and a cool shot button available
- Switch buttons feature an indicator light
- Easy release attachment button
- Flexible bristles
- Very affordable
- Can get extremely hot
- Not safe to use near the scalp
- Hard-to-slide buttons
Our choice for salon-standard styling and travel-friendly hot air brush, suitable for all hair type
If you got some bucks to spare, invest it on this professional hot air brush by BabyblissPRO. Besides a catchy light blue color, it’s easy to see why this hot air brush stands out from its counterparts. The nano titanium and ionic technology plus a high functioning 1875 watts have earned top marks for the performance and go-to styling. You’ll be thrilled by how it gets your hair dry in no time.
Meanwhile, the rotating bi-directional barrel with its mixed anti-static bristle will surely keep you in style. You can play with the high, low and cool buttons to give your hair a more definite look. Although the barrel is 2-inch, the diameter is not that thick as compared to other similar models of the same size. It’s also equipped with a protective cover to keep the barrels safe — another bonus for travelers!
- Nano titanium technology works with all hair types
- With ionic technology and anti-static bristles
- A more precise calibrated warm airflow
- Works with all hair length
- Fast response and quick performance delivery
- Leaves hair a noticeable shine
- Salon-standard results
- Barrel size is not suited for short hair
- A very long hair can get easily tangled on thin bristles
- Brush not designed to rotate in the cool setting
Brushing, styling, blow-drying all-in-one tool, recommended for short hair
Are you one of the many who hassles gripping above-the-shoulder hair length with hot air brushes? We can’t blame you, it’s really quite hard to loop those short strands around long common barrel models. Lucky for you, we found a ¾ -inch brush to tackle your roots, ends and even bangs in this tangle-free hot air brush from Helen of Troy. It’s interchangeable with a 1 ½ inch barrel that is sold separately for those who have long hair. Both thermal brushes come with a dual heat setting and soft plastic bristles praised by some of its users.
Other benefits include a thin handle with a safe and convenient grip with cool-tip. Helen of Troy is a trusted and popular brand in the USA, we can’t see why you can’t go wrong with this one. Besides, it’s also not expensive, it’s definitely worth giving a spin!
- For a more natural-looking, blow-dried curls
- Eliminates tangles and breakage
- Ideal for bangs and short hair
- Highly appraised ball-tipped bristles
- Safe soft-grip handle
- Conveniently small and compact
- 8-foot tangle-free swivel cords
- Removable filter for easy cleaning
- With immersion shock protection
- Economically priced
- Not for thick hairs
- Not tourmaline plated
- Does not feature negative ionization
- Only include one brush per box; other size sold separately
Designed for ease of use, ideal for beginners and best with fine and thin hair
This is yet another great product to stand for those who don’t want to compromise both quality and price. It has all the basic features of a styler and dryer; a vented plastic barrel that blows decently and bristles that securely grips, making it ideal for touch-ups and bubbly small curls (yes like those of Taylor Swift’s signature curls!).
The barrel is available in black, pink and blue. It is sized 1-inch which also works well with stacked hair pixie cuts and can be safely placed near roots. The instrument is a go-to if you don’t want to mess with the complexity of rotating barrels. With a simple high/low heat settings, it just really takes a bit of practice to get used to this baby!
- Gives flat hair a volume
- Eliminates tangles while adding gloss
- With a cool tip to prevent scalp burnt
- Lightweight and compact
- A budget-favorite
- Available in different colors
- Lacks of advanced features
- Doesn’t have the most powerful blow
OUR TOP CHOICE
We have thoroughly compared the products, hear out what consumers have to say and weighs the pros and cons. It turns out that Conair Infiniti Pro Hot Air Spin Styler Brush stands out among the bunch. It functions as it claims; the 2 multidirectional brush attachments and a tangle-free anti-static bristles styles and dries your hair in a matter of minutes. You don’t even have to worry about the consequences of heat-styling as the thermal brush is pretty much equipped with the latest technology, the ceramic and ionic. So go ahead, play with a sleek straight hair then be a curly-cutie the next — no guilt attached!