Wet curly hair and dry curly hair are two different things. Taming your curly hair is much easier when it’s sopping wet. Whether you have that natural curls or salon styled perms, our curls and waves are at much more defined state when we just step out of the shower. And then the transformation begins at hair drying stage where curls begin to retract as it dries. Depending on your type of curls or wave pattern, it may coil tightly while some might hang a bit loosely.
The struggle of maintaining healthy, bouncy and frizz-free curly hair is real. While it might be easy to make the decision to straighten your crazy curls for a much easier hair maintenance, don’t give up, embrace your curls! Take time in doing a little research on which hair dryer works best for you. It’s the best thing that you can do to work with what you have. Here’s a hair dryer buying guide for your curly hair.
- High Performance Hair dryers have been improving and innovating through the years. This is because customers have been seeking for a better quality product. High performance is the main key in looking for the best professional hair dryer. It should be extremely hardworking, powerful, has long span of use and work as advertised. Tip: Most high quality hair dryers have 1875 wattage, and your curly hair generally needs at least 1500 – 2000 watts for it to efficiently work and dry faster.
- Flexibility One smart feature you should check on hair dryer is its ability to adjust to hair types. Wide range of speed and heat setting is key to achieving many of your favorite styles. Tip: Curly hair works best at medium speed setting and full heat setting. As part of its flexibility, good hair dryer has its travel-friendly features; compact and lightweight designed, has a dual voltage so that you can bring it no matter where you go.
- Advanced and Bonus Features While we might be thinking bleaching or coloring our hair as well using hot styling tools are all part of our curly hair maintenance routine, we are actually damaging our hair. There are a lot of potential ways you are ruining your curly hair; excessive heat and applying over processed chemicals. Curly hairs are already delicate in its nature, it’s important to treat your hair as such. Tip: Hair dryers with ceramic, ionic and tourmaline technology can restore your dry and damage health to full health, diffusers on the other hand dries your hair without ruining your curl pattern.
- Worth the Price Cheap hair dryers don’t necessarily mean cheap quality, whereas expensive ones don’t also mean it’s a good buy. Hair dryers are like wines, some are worth $15, some are priced $500. The most important thing to note is to make a good invest in one without needing to sacrifice quality and versatility.
And to help you further, we did an intense research on all hair dryers that could work best for your curly hair. We narrow it down to five. Now, prepare to be blown away by these top selling hair dryers.
- 1. Solano 3200 Top Power Hair Dryer
- 2. Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit with Hair Diffuser
- 3. Conair 1875 Watt Soft Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 2-in-1 Styler
- 4. Conair 1800 Watt Curl Fusion Ionic Ceramic Styler
- 5. Hot Tools Ionic Anti-Static 1875 Watt Model 1023 Professional Dryer
- BEST PICK
1. Solano 3200 Top Power Hair Dryer
A winner for any type of curls!
Ladies and gents with curls, we present you an 1875-watt hair dryer that can magically dry your crazy wet curl in an instant! The magic lies in its powerful AC motor which cuts down half your drying time. The high wattage makes the product ideal for all types of curl.
In addition to its feature is the ceramic technology, responsible for maintaining a healthy hair while you dry.
Features and Perks:
- There are available attachments like soft styler diffuser, thermal round brush and a 2-in-1 dryer that can be bought separately if you wish to achieve different styles.
- The 1875 watt guarantees a long span of usage and saves you time in drying.
- The product is infused with ceramic which emits an even heat distribution while the tourmaline is responsible for maintaining hair glow while eliminating frizz.
- Its handle is ergonomically designed to avoid wrist fatigue making it ideal for hairstylists who spend hours with blow dryers.
- There are 3 temperature and 2 speed settings as well as a cold shut button.
- Integrated filter is included for easy maintenance.
- It also include 11.5-foot professional cord so you can move around more freely.
- The product is back up with 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The product is a bit pricy.
- Attachments are not included and sold separately.
- One user claims the product becomes noisier after several use.
- Other users also reported on inner motor and heater discrepancies.
While it has its own critical reviews it is also important to note that this are only partial reviews, most customers are happy and satisfied with the product. You might have to spend a bit more money on the product as well but hey, with all the benefits that you can get from it sure is worth the investment.
2. Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit with Hair Diffuser
Recommended for thick and frizzy curls
We all love different types of curls, it’s a woman’s epitome of sexiness. But the frizz and flyaway that goes with it every time you dry your hair, we don’t love those! Regular use of blow dryer can leave your hair looking dull and dry, luckily there’s a hair dryer that can restore your hair to its full glow while eliminating frizz. Xtava Hair dryer is an ionic ceramic tool with a whopping 2200 wattage. The powerful motor and ceramic technology is a great combination that works for all different types of hair.
Features and Perks:
- The 2200 wattage is so powerful it makes hair drying and styling effortless.
- The hair drying tool is designed with ionic technology that cuts down drying time by 80%, now that’s a lot of time you can save on busy mornings.
- The ions are also responsible in lacking in that hair’s natural cuticle and adding shine to your hair.
- You dry your hair while Tourmaline Ceramic does it job in keeping your hair hydrated.
- It includes two attachments. The diffuser backs up the even heat distribution to avoid unwanted frizz and flyaways while the concentrator nozzle allows you to style your hair.
- It is lightweight, 1lb to be exact, a perfect companion to bring in no matter where you go.
- The 3 heat setting and 2 speed settings makes the product ideal not only for every curl types but for different types of hair in general.
- The cool shot button can be used to complete the process of hair drying. It tends your hair while preventing frizz.
- Users are impressed with how quiet the hair dryer is during operation.
- The product is affordable compared to other ionic and tourmaline dryers.
- The control switches are located on the handle making it inevitable to accidentally hit it while drying.
- The full heat setting can get too hot it might dig in to your hair scalp especially if you have thin hair.
- It comes with a heavy cord that’s hard to stay plugged in due to its weight.
While there are some flaws, the perks definitely outweigh the downsides. The fast drying time alone makes it worth to give the product a try and besides, the price won’t break your bank.
3. Conair 1875 Watt Soft Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 2-in-1 Styler
Great for thick and tight curls
If you are not fond of using diffusers or concentrators that comes with your dryer, then you are missing out on the benefits it could give to your curly hair. Conair has upgraded their hair dryer with its bestselling diffuser responsible for an even airflow while trying not to ruin the patters of your curls. The concentrator on the other hand can tone down your curly curls making it a 2-in-1 styler.
Features and Perks:
- Another great option for tourmaline ceramic dryer that promise a 75% less frizz but at a much more affordable price.
- It’s built in high-torque DC motor and ionic technology speeds up your hair drying process.
- It includes a diffuser and concentrator for endless styling precisions.
- The grip is designed “no-slip” for your convenience while hair drying.
- Hinged Filter included for easy cleaning.
- Like other standard dryers, it includes a 3 heat and 2 speed settings and a cool shot button.
- It includes a hang ring for storing convenience.
- It quite makes a noise compared to other dryers of its brand.
- The DC inner motor is not as powerful compared to AC motor. One of the top critical review stops working after a year of use.
The product comes with 2-year warranty for any product discrepancy concerns. The great feature of the product is perhaps the concentrator and diffuser that tags along with the hair dryer. It’s hard to find a ceramic tourmaline hair dryer this day that comes with attachment that doesn’t quite charge you that much.
4. Conair 1800 Watt Curl Fusion Ionic Ceramic Styler
Uplifts the beauty in wavy and natural curls
Another great Conair product that doesn’t just do its job of efficiently drying your hair but is also widely acknowledge by its users to enhance natural curls. In addition, it also features volume lift attachment for a much more defined curl patterns Now there’s no stopping you from rocking those curls!
Features and Perks:
- It is handy and light making it the friendliest travel companion.
- You don’t have to worry about storage as it has a hang up ring.
- Easy to use, nothing complex. Just hold the dryer while airflow suffuse and dries your hair.
- The ceramic hair dryer is combined with ionic technology for healthy styling while avoiding damage to your natural curls.
- The diffuser boosts your hair’s natural volume and helps give your curls and waves its needed definition.
- It let’s use you choose between two heat/ speed settings while the cool shot button is gives you more styling precisions.
- Definitely much quieter than other professional hair dryers.
- The 1800 Watt guarantees to not over dry your hair.
- It takes longer to heat up.
- Might not work for other types of curls because the airflow is not as powerful than other professional hair dryers.
Overall the product is a great deal. It lives up to its promise of enhancing the beauty of your curls. Its affordable with superior performance.
5. Hot Tools Ionic Anti-Static 1875 Watt Model 1023 Professional Dryer
Perfect for your long curls
One disadvantage of having long curls is we tend to prematurely dry our hair in a rush to step outside the house. You might want to consider buying this Hot Tools professional hair dryer. Hot tools is known for its product that leave by its name. Their most advance hair dryer so far is the Ionic Anti-Static Professional Dryer that doesn’t just get hot instantly but also release a powerful heat distribution enough to dry your hair from inside and out and from the top to bottom of your curls. Plus, its ionic technology baths your hair with ions to give your hair additional shine while reducing frizz and unwanted stats.
Features and Perks:
- The diffuser and concentrator inclusion are a great combination for your curls, it gives you the control over airflow while maintaining the natural pattern of your curls.
- By now, you already know the benefit of Ionic Technology and the good it does to your hair. The good news is the product is infused with one that promises to give you frizz-free hair that lasts all day.
- 1875 guarantees to dry your hair 50% faster.
- The 2 speed matched with 6 heat combination gives you that total control over airflow for an even heat distribution
- The cool shot button seals in the cuticle for a long lasting frizz-free all day.
- Unlike other professional dryers, it doesn’t make that much of a hefty noise.
- Users are amazed by how lightweight the product is, you don’t have to build a muscle in lifting one. Recommended for hair salon workers.
- The nozzle attachment is reported to be loose and won’t fit into the blower’s end.
- The operating buttons are placed on the handle where you tend to accidentally switch setting inadvertently.
The product is not perfect yes, but it’s one of the best all-time hair dryer you can get at a reasonable amount.
All the products are great and could perfectly work well with your curly hair. But basing on its pros and cons and customer reviews, the product that stands out is the Xtava Ionic Blow Dryer Voluminous Toolkit with Hair Diffuser.
We pick the product for the following reasons.
- Its powerful 2200 Watt alone makes it special among the rest.
- It has all the key features we are looking for ; performance and durability.
- It features advanced technology of tourmaline, ionic and ceramic technology which makes a great combination for healthy hair drying.
- It comes with a diffuser and a concentrator which is a must-have attachment especially if you have that curly hair.
- Out of all the hair dryers, this is the fastest and most efficient hair dryer you can get. Saves 80% hair drying time to be exact.
- It is at budget friendly price. Everybody can afford it.
- More importantly, a lot of our curly haired friends are happy and satisfied with what Xtava Allure 2200 Watt Hair Dryer did to their curls.
It is beyond doubt that this is best hair dryer you could ever have for your curly hair. Here a video that gives you an overview of the product. In addition, it also gives you a tutorial on blow drying your curly hair using Xtava Allure Hair Dryer.