Have you ever experienced going in out of the country but have to cut down one of your hair styling tools because of the baggage weight limit? You don’t have to give up one of your hair curling wand, or flat iron just to bring in your hair dryer. You just have to make an upgrade and invest into a professional hair dryer that has a dual voltage, easy-to-store and lightweight because in reality, we all need that hair styling tools to look our best.
So what makes a hair dryer travel friendly?
This is the primary feature you should consider before buying a travel hair dryer. Lightweight hair dryers are the most ideal hairdryers to bring in to your trips. Apart from the baggage weight constraints, it’s obviously hard to be always on the go when you have the burden of that heavy bag.
The size of the hair dryer also matters. If you are beauty enthusiast who normally fills up half the suitcase with your beauty tools, at least bring a hair dryer that saves up space for your other hairstyling tools.
A good travel hair dryer has a foldable handle feature and that not so bulky barrel for the convenience in packing.
This ideal for international trips, because the main purpose of having that travel hair dryer is to be able to have one in whatever country you are visiting.
Strength and Performance
The whole point of taking a hair dryer into your trips is to be able to use one no matter where you are and to avoid the hassle of using the noisy hotel dryers which lack airflows. Look for an effective hair dryer with a built-in DC motor that lets your hair dries in instant and have long span of use
Does it have added features?
A standard travel hair dryer has adjustable heat and speed settings that caters to all hair types. If you happen to encounter a travel hair dryer that does only serve its function, but also style your hair, then I would say you are lucky enough! Because it’s hard to find travel hair dryer today that have attached diffuser or concentrator style and curl your hair.
Also look for a hair dryer that has heat protectant, because several typical travel hair dryers only rely on excessive heat and only causing damage to your hair.
Consider your budget.
Cheap hair dryers don’t necessarily mean it is made of cheap products although high end priced hair dryers don’t mean it is a best buy. What I’m saying is, look for a hair dryer that’s not only within your budget but also meets your hair needs without sacrificing the quality trying to cost-cut.
Our agenda for today is to help you find that best travel hair dryer. We came up with the list of top 5 hair dryer to bring in your holiday or business trips.
Conair 1875 Watt Compact Folding Handle Styler
The handy hair dryer with a “twist”!
With Conair’s patented “twist it” hair dryer, you don’t have to worry about adding other bulky stuffs in your suit case. The dryer’s barrel has the ability to fold and has dual voltage, making it a perfect travel companion. In addition, it also features an ionic technology to prevent your hair from heat damage. What’s more? The product is available in gorgeous black and grey colors!
- The patented “twist it” technology allows the handy hair dryer’s barrel to fold to make it ideal to fit in any bag.
- It is compact and and collapses small making it perfect for travels.
- The hair dryer has a worldwide dual voltage for international travel trips.
- It has an 1875 Watt is so strong it dries your hair in an instant and also is ideal for long and thick hair.
- The travel dryer has 2 heat and speed settings that allows you to style your hair.
- Conair has added ionic technology that emits a much gentler heat for a healthier drying and hair styling.
- Cool shot button
- 6-foot professional cord
- The dial set-up setting for voltage has a complex operation, it is advisable to set up the voltage first before traveling to avoid hassle.
- The high heat temperature setting generates lower heat when used abroad.
- A verified user claims that that the product doesn’t work on some socket areas abroad unless you use international adapter.
If you want to step up from your your standard travel hair dryer, you might want to consider buying this product. Its infused ionic technology alone makes this product different from a typical travel hair dryer.
The small, powerful and budget-friendly hair dryer
Why buy a hair dryer that is half the size of your bag when you can have handy cute-size hair dryer that can fit in in your purse!
But don’t be fool by its small size because it might be as small as a pee-wee but this hair dryer powerful 1875 watts, powerful enough to match other professional big sized hair dryers out there.
- It’s built 1875 Wattage is designed for long lasting use, ideal not only for your travels but for everyday use.
- The barrel is ergonomically designed and angled in a way that it would be easier for you to lift it and dry the top of your head.
- With its compact size and lightweight (weighs about 1lb), you don’t have to worry about cutting down some other beauty necessities because this “baby” can easily fit in on any luggage.
- The fact that it allows you to choose on its 3 heat settings and 2 fan settings means you have the ability to style your hair with endless possibilities.
- You can get the product at an affordable the price but with the same benefits as other hefty-priced professional hair dryers.
- Ionic conditioning – releases negative ions for a healthy styling
- Eco Setting – blows cold air and a lower fan speed
- Removable air inlet grille – for easy maintenance
- Due to it’s small, the switch buttons are fit in into the handle, which could be accidentally hit on every time while drying.
- Since the product is not a full-sized hair dryer, it won’t definitely blow as much airflow as the big size ones.
- No nozzles are included to speed up drying time.
Regardless, Remington Compact Travel Dryer is not bad for a travel hair dryer. It is “small but terrible” and a must have hair dryer for your travels because of its performance and durability. And with its low-cost priced and all the benefits that you could get from it, I don’t see why you could go wrong in trying the product.
Revlon Perfect Heat 1875W Fast Dry Compact Dryer
Infused with ceramic technology for a healthier hair drying
Some hair travel dryers limited its features, no nozzles or concentrators included, no built-in heat protectant compare to professional hair dryers so as to save up space in your luggage. But it doesn’t have to be that way. With Revlon Fast Dry Compact Dryer you can have that travel hair dryer with the benefits same as standard professional hair dryers.
- Most professional hair dryers are designed with a ceramic technology that generates far-infrared heat for that is gentle to your hair, eliminates static and frizz and maintaining your hair shine. The good news is, this product is also built in with one so that you don’t have to worry about hair damage while drying your hair.
- Revlon included a concentrator attachment which is lacking on other standard travel hair dryers. The concentrator allows you to have different hair styling precisions whether you are going on a business trip or attending an out-of-town wedding party, this is the perfect get-away companion.
- The barrel is designed to be flat for your packing convenience.
- Its worldwide dual voltage, foldable handle, lightweight and compact design makes it a travel-friendly tool.
- 1875 Watt
- 2 Heat / Speed settings
- Cold shot switch
- It doesn’t have an automatic shut off so if you are that type of person who always forgets to shut off electronics before leaving the house, this is definitely not your kind of hair dryer.
- The pivoting switch is hard to operate and the concentrator is a bit loose according to one review.
- The whole hair dryer weighs 0.8 lb. which is considered lightweight but still weighs more than the other hair dryers with 0.6 lb weight.
Overall, the product is good and definitely worth bringing into your travels if you want to avoid using those cheap hotel dryers who rely mainly on excessive heat to dry your hair. And oh, did I mention it’s only below $20?
BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer
Dries your hair while eliminating frizz
Another great option for a small size travel hair dryer. But unlike other cute-sized dryers, this one is made with pure gemstone tourmaline crystals which bath your hair with millions of natural ions giving your hair that shiny luster look.
The product also has its foldable handle making it much smaller, so if you are that type of person who always brings a lot of stuffs with them, you can save more space in your suitcase by bringing this little baby as your hair dryer.
- The BaByliss hair dryer has only 1000 watts which makes the product lightweight. Other hair dryers go above 1000 wattage which only weighs more.
- It is small and folds up to avoid the hassle of packing. Plus, it’s bright red color means you won’t ever miss packing a hair dryer or if you ever misplaced the hair drying tool you will eventually find it again, because look at that bright color, need I say more?
- It is titanium and tourmaline infused, the perfect combination for a smoother hair and minimal heat damage while drying.
- The compact hair dryer is also packed with dual voltage which makes it possible to you to bring it on your overseas trips.
- It doesn’t make that noise; uses are amazed with it’s quiet operation.
- 2 Heat/Speed Settings
- Filter Cover – removable for easy use, also include a stand.
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- Since it is only incorporated with 1000 watts, it may not be as powerful as other hair dryers with higher wattage. You might need an extra time in drying your hair.
- It’s use as a styling tool is limited and not ideal for those long and thick hair.
We have to say that though it’s not the perfect product, it is not the worse either. It definitely saves space on your suitcase, after all that’s the main consideration we are looking for in a travel hair dryer. And the tourmaline technology alone makes it not only your occasional travel hair dryer, but your primary one.
Hot Tools Professional Ionic Travel Dryer
For fast and efficient hair drying
Ideal for curly hairs
This ionic hairdryer incredibly turns your crazy wet hair into manageable one. It emits negative ions and breaks down water droplets speeding up your regular hair drying process. This product is perfect for everybody’s busy morning!
And not just that, since it is made with ionic technology you don’t have to worry about your hair getting damage every time you dry and style. Yes, I mentioned hair styling because this innovative tool also includes a diffuser and a concentrator for more hair styling options.
It also has its travel-friendly features like lightweight, foldable handle and dual voltage.
- Its 1875 Watts with high airflow and maximum heat cuts down hair drying time up to 40%.
- The ionic technology releases minimal heat that is gentler on your hair avoiding hair possible hair damage.
- Beside from being a lightweight, the handle also folds up for our packing convenience.
- It has dual voltage, making a good standard travel hair dryer.
- Gives you more styling options as the product comes with a diffuser and concentrator. Also the multiple heat and settings cool shot button makes it possible to style your hair no matter what our hair type is.
- It’s built in DC motor guarantees you the product’s long span of use.
- Hinged end cap
- Power light indicator
- 6-foot cord
- The on and off switch located at the handle itself makes it easy to accidentally hit the buttons while drying.
- Other users claim it not very quiet for a hair dryer
- Though it’s lightweight, it’s bulky in size making it hard to fit in on personal bags.
The size might not be standard for a travel hair dryer, but it’ not that big compared to full-sized hair dryer and won’t definitely consume space that much. If you are a frequent traveler but love styling you hair all the time, this a must-have tool you should consider.
Bed Head 1875 Watt Road Trip Travel Dryer
One of the most advanced travel hair dryer
Buying a travel hair dryer doesn’t mean sacrificing all the benefits that you can get from a professional hair dryer. Most of today’s travel hair dryer limits it features so as to be so called “travel friendly”. But with Bed Head Road Trip Travel Dryer you can take advantage of all the features of a full size hair dryer but with all the benefit of a compact lightweight hair dryer.
- The color is in red and grey, making it a unisex color. This would be an ideal gift for your male or friends who needs a hair dryer but is always on the go.
- 1875 Watt dries your hair in an instant.
- Tourmaline / Ceramic Technology makes it possible for you to style with the ease of not having hair damage.
- The concentrator attachment is perfect if you want to give your hair a volume and or glamorous waves.
- It has 2 heat/speed settings and cool shot button that back up your hairstyling precisions.
- It also has the feature of a standard travel hair dryer ; dual voltage and foldable handle.
- Users love how quiet it is during operation.
- It is lightweight but it isn’t as small and not as weightless as other travel hair dryers.
Regardless, this product is perfect for your travel without sacrificing the efficiency of a normal hair dryer and not bad for a hair dryer with a low-cost priced.
First of all, we are looking for a travel hair dryer that can be flexible at whenever the occasion is, and that includes our out-of-the excursions. A hair dryer not only efficient, but also durable because that’s the main point of bringing a hair dryer in your trips, to be able to have one when you need it. And you are lucky enough if you find the features of a professional hair dryer but the ideal characteristics of a travel friendly hair dryer. That is why our most favorite travel companion is the Bed Head 1875 Watt Road Trip Travel Dryer. It has bonus features like the concentrator which is lacking in most of other travel compact hair dryers at affordable price. And like other advanced professional dryers it is built in with ceramic technology because it doesn’t do it just of hair drying but also want to treat your hair with utmost care.
If you are still having doubts whether to give the product a try or not here’s a useful review that features Bed Head Travel Dryer as one the best travel hair dryers of all time.